Monday, February 14, 2011

Imports

When I bought the Skyline, the previous owner handed me the key and said, "I only got one key when I bought the car". Ever since then I've been casually looking around for a blank that I can cut into a spare just in case my keys were to go missing. Anyway, this guy on JDMST was selling blanks the other day for (what I think) was a really good price so I jumped at the opportunity.

It's these little things you have to put up with when you own an import. Not knowing how genuine your 'genuine km's' are. The targeting by cops because they think you're a hoon (ugh, I hate that word). The ridiculous insurance. Not knowing for certain the previous history of the car. Having CityLink tell you "We can't register your car because we don't know what it is". It's all worth it though when you walk to the garage and catch a glimpse of your car. Mmmm... Skyline.

2 comments:

Anonymous JDM said...

Such an oblivious kid.
Honda > Nissan
DC5 > R34
FWD > RWD
VTEC > ......
Need I say more?

:)

Joel said...

If I wanted a gutless, understeering car that only made power for 3000rpm and had a rice boy stigma then yes, dc5>r34.

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Full-O-Trash